Find Experienced Divorce Lawyers in Singapore
What an Experienced Divorce Lawyer Can Do for You
It means that you have an experienced and objective third party advocating for you and acting in your interest through each stage of the divorce process.
Compare Experienced Divorce Lawyers
- Go to our list of divorce lawyers using the “Find divorce lawyers” button.
- Fill in details about your divorce and choose 5 lawyers to send your request to.
- Decide on the lawyer after comparing their replies and quotations.
Why Hire a Divorce Lawyer?
A good divorce lawyer will give you an objective assessment of your situation. As a third-party with experience, you may share with them confidential information that may be difficult to share with even close friends.
He/she will run through the scenarios with you:
- Who is likely to get the property?
- Would you have to sell your HDB flat after the divorce?
- Who is going to get care and custody?
A good divorce lawyer will handle negotiations with the other side for you, and use his/her experience to make sure that your interests are protected. Where you have to attend counselling or mediation sessions, a good divorce lawyer will prepare you for it.
Your divorce lawyer will insist on what is rightfully yours while striving for an uncontested divorce. He/she should be able to advise you on whether demands or threats made by the other side are credible.
Where necessary, the divorce lawyer will prepare you for trial. The courts have a lot of discretion in divorce cases and make decisions based on the specific facts of your case. Hence, an effective advocate will help tremendously where there is any dispute.
When there is a settlement, a good divorce lawyer makes it legally-binding. As a basic service, the lawyer will draft and file into court the Writ of Divorce, Statement of Claim and Statement of Particulars. As part of that service, you are usually advised on the appropriate ground to file for divorce.
For further reading, please see our complete guide to choosing a good divorce lawyer.
You may also check out our comprehensive guide on divorce fees in Singapore.
- Process for Getting Divorced in Singapore (With Diagram)
- How Can I Divorce Overseas?
- Mandatory Parenting Programme Guide for Divorcing Parents
- Online Divorce in Singapore: How It Works and Should You Get One?
- Getting a Divorce Due to “Irreconcilable Differences” in Singapore
- Judicial or Legal Separation in Singapore: When and How to File
- Should You Make a Post-Nuptial Agreement in Singapore?
- How to Divorce Within 3 Years of Marriage in Singapore
- Guide to Personal Protection Orders in Singapore
- Prenuptial Agreements in Singapore
- What are the Legal Grounds for Getting a Divorce?
- Separation in Singapore
- Annulling a Singapore Marriage: Requirements and Process
- Practical Preparations for a Divorce
- 3 Finance Questions To Ask Before a Divorce
- Procedure for Ancillary Matters
- What Happens to Gifts Between Spouses During a Divorce?
- What Happens to Property and Assets Located Overseas Upon a Divorce in Singapore?
- Getting Divorced: Child Maintenance in Singapore
- Singapore Divorcee's Guide to Relocating Your Child Overseas
- Filling in a Matrimonial Property Plan for a Singapore Divorce
- Maintenance of Spouse in a Singapore Divorce
- Guide to Child Custody, Care and Control, and Access in Singapore
- How the Court Divides Matrimonial Assets in a Singapore Divorce
- What Happens to Your HDB Flat after Divorce?
- Variation of Maintenance Orders in Singapore
- Division of CPF Assets (Monies, House, Investments) After a Divorce
- Divorce Certs in Singapore: How to Get a Copy and Other FAQs
- Transfer of Matrimonial Home to Ex-Spouse After Divorce
- How to Appeal Your Divorce Case in Singapore
- Can Divorcees Buy or Rent HDB Flats, and How?
- What to Do If Your Ex-Spouse Denies You Access to Your Child
- What to Do If Your Ex-Spouse Does Not Provide Maintenance
- Can Foreigners Divorce in Singapore?
- Expat or Foreigner Divorce in Singapore: 10 Legal Issues to Consider
- Should British Expats Divorce in Singapore or England?
- Divorce for British Expats: How the English Courts Deal with Financial Matters
- Immigration Issues for Divorcing Expatriates
- Hague Convention: Overseas Child Abduction in Singapore Divorce
- Case Study: Cross-Border Child Custody and the Hague Convention on International Child Abduction