Litigation and Dispute Resolution
While Singapore is not known as a litigous society, it would serve one well to know the intricacies and process of litigation and dispute resolution in case one should ever have the ill-fortune of having to make a claim, or having to be at the receiving end of one. This guide will help you manage sticky issues related to dispute resolution – a potentially long, tedious and costly process.
Before Making a Claim
- Differences between Criminal Law and Civil Law
- Limitation Periods: What's the Deadline for Suing in Singapore?
- Mediation in Singapore
- Arbitration and Mediation: When They Can be Useful for Business Disputes
- 6 Things You Need to Know about Third-Party Funding in International Arbitration
- Can I Sue a Foreigner in Singapore?
- Should You Sue? 8 Things to Think About Before Suing
- What to Do If Someone Sues Your Singapore Business
- Arbitration: When and How to Arbitrate Business Disputes in Singapore
- How to Write a Cease and Desist Letter in Singapore
- Using Neutral Evaluation to Resolve Civil Disputes in Singapore
Making a Claim - The Beginning of a Dispute
- Law on Writ of Summons in Singapore
- Engaging a Queen’s Counsel in Singapore
- Letters of Demand and Their Usages in Singapore
- Making a Small Claim in the Small Claims Tribunals in Singapore
- Security of Payment Act: Claiming Progress Payments for Construction Work Done
- Negotiating a Settlement in a Business Dispute
- What if I Cannot Find the Party I Want to Sue?
- First Meeting With Your Business Dispute Lawyer: What to Expect
- Received a "Without Prejudice" Letter? Here’s What It Means
The Litigation Process
- Admissibility of Evidence in the Singapore Courts
- Civil Litigation in Singapore
- Gag orders – the law in Singapore
- Default Judgments and Summary Judgments in Singapore
- Memorandum of Appearance in Singapore: What It is and How to File
- After the Lawsuit: Who Has to Pay Whom, and How Much?
- Affidavits in Singapore: What Are They and How to Prepare One
- How to Get a Writ of Seizure and Sale to Enforce a Judgment
- Subpoenaed to be a Court Witness in Singapore: What You Need to Do
- Who is an Expert Witness and How to Use Expert Evidence in Singapore
- Legal DNA Test: What is It For, How It’s Conducted, Cost & More
- Originating Summons: What It Is and How to File in Singapore
- Remedies Available for Civil Litigation