Akesh is an Associate in the Litigation and Dispute Management Practice Group. He handles a broad range of commercial disputes and contractual claims, and has also acted in insolvency, criminal, probate, and matrimonial matters. Akesh also advises on matters relating to regulatory compliance. He is an Accredited Mediator with the Singapore Mediation Centre.
His recent experience includes:
- Lead counsel successfully acting for the director of an estate agency in Haw Wan Sin & Anor v Faber Property Pte Ltd & others  SGDC 143;
- Acting for high net worth corporate clients in a matter heard before 5 judges at the Court of Appeal concerning inter alia, sanctioning of schemes of arrangement in SK Engineering Construction Co Ltd v Conchubar Aromatics Ltd and another appeal  SGCA 51;
- Acting for a prestigious local country club in matters which were successfully resolved in its favour;
- Advising and acting for high profile clients in multi-million dollar matrimonial claims;
- Acting for a vehicle rental company in actions for breach of contract;
- Advising a prominent local gaming body on regulatory and compliance matters;
- Advising on compliance with the United Nations (Sanctions – Democratic People’s Republic of Korea) Regulations 2010 and anti-money laundering regulations;
- Advising and acting for a real estate agency with respect to civil and regulatory compliance matters; and
- Speaking on matters relating to regulatory compliance at Crytoflow 2018.
Akesh also volunteers with the Singapore Law Society, Pro Bono Services Office, by serving as Defence Counsel under the Criminal Legal Aid Scheme (CLAS).
Akesh read law at Singapore Management University where he graduated Magna cum Laude in 2013, and was a winner of the Drew & Napier Prize for the Top Student in Advocacy. He was also part of the SMU team which qualified for the final rounds of the 8th International Chamber of Commerce International Mediation Competition, and a semi-finalist in the 2012 Bain & Company Case Competition. He graduated with a Masters in Law from the University of Hawai’i at Manoa in 2014, where he was the graduation speaker for the LL.M class.
Akesh was called to the Singapore Bar in 2015. He is a member of the Law Society of Singapore and the Singapore Academy of Law.
Write a review