Personal & Family
Innovative Lawyering to add on-Leveraging our rich experience and the latest advancements in legal technology, we offer proactive and affordable assistance to our clients in the form of (“Do-it Yourself”) DIY Uncontested Simplified Divorce Platform at www.divorcebureau.com.sg which allows users to file friendly divorce applications at the comfort of their homes.
Probate and Letters of Administration
Probate & Administration
If the deceased left behind a valid Will, the Will would specify a person to be appointed as the executor. The executor would need to apply or a Grant of Probate to carry out the instructions of the person who made the Will.
If the deceased died without a Will, someone (usually the next-of-kin) would have to apply to the Court for a Grant of Letters of Administration. This is so that they can be appointed by the Court as an administrator to administer the distribution of the deceased’s estate.
Call us Yeo & Associates LLC’s family lawyers at 62203400 for a free initial consultation.
Lasting Power of Attorney
A LPA is a legal instrument which allows a person (the “donor”) to delegate authority to another person called the “donee” to manage his/her personal welfare and/or property and affairs in the event that the donor loses his/her mental capacity. Yeo & Associates LLC is named by the Office of Public Guardian office in its website msf.gov.sg as one of the Ten (10) Most Visited Certificate Issuers.
Yeo & Associates LLC charges a flat fee of S$50 to sign as Certificate Issuer for Form 1.
A Will becomes effective only when the person making the Will (the “testator/testatrix”) has passed away. The testator/testatrix may appoint one or more persons (the “executor(s)”) to distribute the estate in accordance to his/her wishes and intentions.
Yeo & Associates LLC charges a flat fee of S$250 for Basic Will.
Media & Publications
- “Law firm’s DIY portal aims to slash legal costs for divorce” – The Straits Times, 14 October 2018
- “Circuit breaker love and heartbreak: Divorces, fights, heightened tensions” – The Straits Times, 7 June 2020 (www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/circuit-breaker-love-and-heartbreak-divorces-fights-heightened-tensions)
- “Family court cases via Zoom the new normal” – The Straits Times, 29 June 2020
Services & Fees
Yeo & Associates LLC pioneered the fixed fee structure for each stage of legal work, assuring certainty and transparency in all the legal costs that you may incur. During actual consultation, the lawyer will explain any costs involved in taking your case further and explain how these costs can be minimized.
Simplified & Uncontested Divorce
$1,200 all in (no children, no house and no maintenance)
$2,000 all in (with children, HDB and maintenance)
$2,200 all in (with children, private property, CPF and maintenance)
To see our exact flat fees for other matters, visit http://www.yeolaw.com.sg/our-services/fixed-fees-structure/
At Yeo & Associates LLC, our Simplified & Uncontested Divorce Package includes not just drafting of court documents and filing of documents to the courts. The full list of services is as follows: –
(1) Professional legal advice on client’s legal entitlement under the current family law, legislation and on the Family Justice Courts’ procedures;
(2) Information gathering and analysis of documents for the purpose of recommending best solution and terms to client’s unique situation;
(3) Negotiation, discussion, or friendly talk to other spouse to work on the terms to ensure higher possibility of settlement;
(4) Drafting full set of court documents;
(5) Filing the signed divorce court documents in the Family Justice Courts of Singapore;
(6) Monitoring the timeline and extracting the Interim Judgment and Certificate for Divorce
Simplified and Uncontested divorces may turn contested when parties decide to dispute at least one issue of divorce or ancillary matters. You are advised to seek advice on the fixed costs structure for your contested divorce proceedings with one of our Yeolaw Divorce Lawyers for a peace of mind.
At Yeo & Associates LLC, we offer fixed fee/capped fee even for contested matters depending on the progress of your case.
Call us at 62203400 for free consultation now.