Wei Chin is an Associate Director at Covenant Chambers LLC. He has a broad range of practice that includes litigation and providing commercial law advice to clients.
In the field of litigation, Wei Chin has handled cases spanning across different courts, including handling High Court applications himself. His wide range of experience in litigation includes tenancy disputes, writs of possession, claims concerning breaches of director’s duties, probate matters, criminal matters, matrimonial matters and various other types of litigation work.
Wei Chin’s diverse legal background enables him to merge litigation foresight with commercial sensibility, thus providing him a balanced outlook when providing legal counsel and advice.
In the areas of commercial practice, Wei Chin is proficient in analysing and drafting various legal documents for a variety of commercial settings. Due to his background in conveyancing, he is also proficient in aspects concerning property transactions. Wei Chin was also involved in providing legal advice and drafting legal documents for various government statutory boards.
In his free time, Wei Chin plays the guitar and bass, works out at the gym to stay healthy and plays recreational basketball for leisure.
Sample Cases and Experience:
- Being lead counsel/assisting counsel in various civil and commercial disputes in the State Courts and Supreme Court of Singapore.
- Assisting counsel in obtaining a Mareva Injunction for a claim amounting to more than S$3 million.
- Submitting and presenting mitigation pleas successfully to obtain lighter sentences for clients charged in criminal matters.
- Being lead counsel/assisting counsel in private prosecutions for a government statutory board and obtaining deterrent sentences against the offenders.
- Advising and successfully negotiating a settlement for a government statutory board concerning a dispute with an oil supplier.
- Being lead counsel/assisting in divorce and ancillary matters disputes, including helping parties through Court Mediation.
- General solicitors’ work in extracting Grant of Probate and Letters of Administration.
- General solicitors’ work in managing landlord and tenancy agreements and disputes.
Wei Chin is well-versed with a variety of family law issues that the common man may face: divorce, personal protection orders, maintenance claims, custody disputes etc. He manages the troubled emotions that his clients undergoing such proceedings may face, but also applies expert legal knowledge to achieve the best outcome for his clients. In many instances, Wei Chin helps parties in a divorce to reach settlement rather than having to fight a long-drawn legal battle.
Wei Chin also does other non-contentious family work such as deputy applications for the mentally-incapacitated, wills, probate and letters of administration. He provides expert help to his clients in the finer aspects of estate planning too.
Wei Chin is an accomplished Defence Counsel who has successfully defended his clients from criminal charges at trial. He is also proficient in mitigating for clients who wish to plead guilty and obtained significantly lighter sentences for them. Wei Chin, having served his National Service in the Police Force, is also able to conduct private criminal prosecutions and has acted for statutory boards in this aspect.
Wei Chin has dealt with a wide array of cases in the realm of general litigation. His experience extends into contractual breach, company shareholder/directors disputes, accident claims, landlord-tenancy disputes, employment issues, debt recovery and a host of other matters. His approach towards litigation involves balancing the costs involved with the beneficial outcome available to his clients. He has also advised statutory boards and large companies in litigation matters and successfully negotiated positive settlements for them.
Media & Publications
Other Positions and Achievements:
- Legal Advisor to the Xu Clan Association
- Guest Speaker for Nan Chiau High School: Bilingual Career Talk 2017
- Volunteer Lawyer at West Legal Clinic (FaithActs)
Services & Fees
Please contact Wei Chin for a quotation.
I would like to thank Lawyer Wei Chin for how he had made complex legal clauses understandable by layman like me. His is highly experience and his advices are pragmatic and effective. I would highly recommend Lawyer Wei Chin for your legal needs.
Fast and clear advise
I’m extremely grateful to Lawyer Wei Chin, for easing my worries. He is highly experienced and knowledgable, and he makes legal concepts and principles a lot easier to understand. Lawyer Wei Chin is also incredibly patient when it comes to answering my doubts. He had suggested different courses of actions that I may take, which gives me reassurance. I would highly recommend Lawyer Wei Chin for your legal needs.
I am so glad that I chose Lawyer Wei Chin as my legal adviser. Wei Chin is well knowledgeable, experienced, professional, helpful, patient and approachable. He addressed my concerns and issues clearly and concisely with detailed solutions. His advise is really thorough, useful, relevant and straightforward. Wei Chin is someone whom you can trust that he will do his best to help you. I highly recommend Lawyer Wei Chin! He is one of the best and meticulous lawyer I have met! 🙂