Cheryl is an experienced litigation lawyer whose practice includes commercial and civil litigation, family law and criminal defence representation. She is highly communicative and adopts a solution-orientated attitude for her clients’ needs. Cheryl understands her clients’ strategic needs, and couples that with her diligence in helping them achieve the best outcome possible. She has represented and advised clients on the matters such as contractual disputes including employment, injunctions, intellectual property litigation, personal injury, property damage claims, debt recovery, and tortious actions.
Cheryl’s work experience has further honed her into a dedicated counsel for clients facing criminal charges. She has represented clients at trials as well as plead-guilty matters in a myriad of matters at the State Courts, High Court, appellate level, and even at the SAF’s Military Court. She has advised and represented clients in areas such as white collar crime, traffic offences, drug trafficking, murder, causing hurt, theft, abuse, and juvenile offences.
Cheryl also represents clients in family and matrimonial matters. She has advised and represented local and expatriate clients on separation and divorce matters, both contested and uncontested. These consequently include issues on custody, maintenance, and division of matrimonial assets.
In her spare time, Cheryl also volunteers as a defence counsel for Criminal Legal Aid Scheme (CLAS) matters and various initiatives by the Pro Bono Services Office of the Law Society of Singapore. Cheryl is also a volunteer for the Legal Aid Scheme for Capital Offences (LASCO). She offers legal advice for the indigent at various community legal clinics, migrant workers’ legal clinics and gives talks to various schools in Singapore educating the young.
Cheryl is a dedicated criminal lawyer who always advocates for her client's best interests. Her extensive experience stems from representing juvenile offenders to clients facing death row. She has represented clients in trials, plead guilty and appellate matters in the District Courts, High Court, and even military court martials.
Cheryl is an experienced litigation lawyer who started her practice in commercial dispute resolution. She has represented corporate and private clients in various matters ranging from minor contractual disputes to multi-million dollar claims. Cheryl firmly believes in helping her clients achieve their strategic needs at every stage.
Intelleigen Legal LLC is a boutique firm that has specialized in intellectual property for more than one and a half decades. We believe in offering strategic and practical advice taking into account your business considerations and practical realities. Many of our clients include local SMEs to American and European-based MNCs.
Media & Publications
- Tan Hing Sing v Tan Check Peng  SGDC 190
- Total English Learning Global Pte Ltd v Kids Counsel Pte Ltd  SGHC 258
- PP v Ian Damery Fitzgerald  SGMC 39
- Han’s (F&B) Pte Ltd v Gusttimo World Pte Ltd  2 SLR 825
- PP v Ang Wei Sheng  SGMC 28
- PP v Loew Zi Xiang  SGDC 251
- PP v Lim Poh Loon Desmond  SGDC 307
- PP v Cheng Teck Hai  SGDC 359
- PP v Kavitha d/o Mailvaganam  SGDC 218
- PP v Ong Jack Hong  5 SLR 166
- PP v Chandrasekran s/o Elamkopan  SGDC 20
- PP v GBE  SGDC 223
- 妄想老房东要强奸 精神分裂房客杀人坐牢三年, 24 March 2017 (Lianhe Zaobao)
- Woman failed for 3 years for slashing landlord’s forearm with paper cutter, 20 March 2017 (The Straits Times)
- 泰女踩死同居男友 以误杀罪判监五年半，17 March 2017 (Lianhe Zaobao)
- Woman jailed for killing boyfriend by stomping on his head, 17 March 2017 (The Straits Times)
- Man in mob face-off with police officers gets 10 weeks’ jail, 28 Dec 2016 (The Straits Times)
- Man who set fire to Lighthouse Evangelism church sign jailed for 10 months, 7 Oct 2016 (The Straits Times)
- Delay of penalty for rapist and molester, 9 Sep 2016 (The Straits Times)
- Man jailed for filming woman in shower, 16 Jun 2016 (The Straits Times)
- Former US Navy Seal gets four weeks for punching taxi driver, 2 Nov 2015 (The Straits Times)
Services & Fees
Cheryl offers a free 10 minutes’ phone consultation to assess your needs. She believes in fair and transparent pricing, and will work with you within your means to help you achieve your strategic goals. Highly communicative, you will be fully apprised of your matter at every stage, and you can rest assured that she will always be available for your needs.
Please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of your case and to set up the free phone consultation.