Kulvinder’s practice focuses on civil and commercial litigation, complex matrimonial litigation, and arbitration. She has been involved in various Court of Appeal hearings and High Court trials across a variety of claims including claims for breaches of directors’ duties, contractual disputes, insolvency, defamation, caveats on industrial land and interpretation of key legislation such as the Supreme Court of Judicature Act, to name a few.
Kulvinder has also successfully argued various interlocutory applications involving Mareva Injunctions and a stay of arbitration proceedings. She has experience in domestic and international arbitration, including enforcement of foreign arbitral awards in Singapore. She regularly advises corporations on corporate governance, compliance and regulatory matters. She also advises individuals and corporations on contentious and non-contentious issues including contractual disputes, employment matters, landlord-tenant disputes, probate, and matrimonial matters.
Kulvinder graduated from the Singapore Management University. She was awarded the Lexis Nexis Scholarship in Law and was also President of the SMU Pro Bono Society. She is a member of the Singapore Academy of Law, Law Society of Singapore, and is on the panel of Assigned Solicitors for the Legal Aid Bureau. Kulvinder also serves as the Assistant Secretary of the Executive Committee of the Singapore Sikh Education Foundation.
-  SGFC 42:VQU v VQT
-  SGCA 99:Singapore Air Charter Pte Ltd v Peter Low & Choo & Another
-  SGHC 284:Christopher Yun Hian Chen v BHNV Online Ltd & Ors
-  SGHC 89:Peter Low & Choo LLC v Singapore Air Charter Pte Ltd
-  SGDC 145:Sintal Enterprises v White Cubic Pte Ltd (also successfully resisted subsequent appeal in the High Court)
-  SGCA 20:UDA v UDB (Landmark case, 5-judge Court of Appeal)
-  SGFC 75:UGY v UGZ
-  SGHC 175:PACC Offshore v Kensteel Engineering Pte Ltd
-  SGCA 31:Tay Kar Oon v Tahir
-  SGHC 205:Higgins v Phillipe Emanuel Mulacek & Ors
-  SGDC 189:Midas Promotions v LAMC Productions Pte Ltd
-  SGHCF 11:TQH v TQI
Some of the matters Kulvinder has been involved in are as follows:
- Commercial Dispute: Represented a group of joint venture companies in their claim against former directors for breach of fiduciary duties.
- Cross-Border Dispute: Represented high net-worth individual in claim for commercial fraud against parties in Israel and banks in Romania. Claims involving stay of proceedings and forum non conveniens.
- Contractual Dispute: Represented a BVI company and Delaware corporation in their claims for enforcement of London Court of International Arbitration arbitral award in Singapore.
- Commercial Dispute: Represented oil and gas corporation in claims involving breach of contract, fiduciary duties and secret profits.
- Commercial Dispute: Represented SGX-listed corporation in claim against one of the Big Four accounting firms.
- Matrimonial Dispute: Represented father and obtained sole custody and sole care and control of 3 children. Extensive cross-examination of therapists and psychologists.
- Matrimonial Dispute: Represented wife in nullifying claim by husband of third-party interests and trusts in matrimonial assets worth over S$20 million.
- Matrimonial Dispute: Represented wife in successfully defending against husband’s claims of gifts and trusts. Obtained highly favourable terms for division of assets in excess of S$46 million.
- Commercial Dispute: Represented company in claim against SGX-listed company in claims involving sale of industrial land.
- Contractual Dispute: Represented leading entertainment production company in claim involving renowned comedian Russell Peter’s show in Singapore.
- Employment Dispute: Represented leading dental chain in defending claims by former shareholder and employee.
Personal Protection Order
Media & Publications
Kulvinder has been interviewed by multiple media and radio outlets, including CNA 938 Live, Money FM 89.3 and the local newspapers.
Write a review