Jevan is a lawyer with a small firm of 4 lawyers. His practice includes the following areas of law:
– Civil and commercial dispute resolution.
– Corporate drafting, regulatory compliance and intellectual property law for SMEs and start ups.
– Wills, probate and matrimonial law.
– Personal injury, workmen’s compensation and medical negligence.
Jevan also has a keen interest in mediation as a tool for dispute resolution.
Jevan believes in providing reliable and quality legal representation and advice that will not break the bank. He believes that clients should be quoted transparent fees, and is willing to provide options such as fixed or capped fees in addition to the conventional hourly rate for legal services.
Jevan trained at a mid-sized firm specialising in arbitration, commercial litigation and medical negligence. He then joined a mid-sized firm where he gained experience in the other areas of law mentioned above, including solicitors’ work such drafting of shareholders’ agreements and trust deeds, and handling personal injury matters for defendant insurance companies, which involved representing clients at interlocutory applications and trial. He also handled divorces, achieving settlements for clients in his first year of practice. Most recently he practised at a mid-sized firm specializing in healthcare law where he defended healthcare institutions in medical negligence matters and had the opportunity to work with Senior Counsel.
Jevan holds both a Juris Doctor and a Bachelor in Business Management from Singapore Management University, graduating with distinction from both degrees. He was on the Dean’s List for a year in law school, and was on the winning team at the Price Moot organized by Oxford University in 2016. He also interned with large local and international law firms.
Aside from his legal practice, Jevan also has business interests in a group of traditional food businesses that manufacture dim sum, traditional sauces and soya products.
Jevan’s knowledge of the law coupled with his background in business ensures clients will be working with a commercially aware lawyer who will take the time to understand their business before rendering any advice, drafting any document or representing them in any matter.
- Debt recovery
- Commercial and employment disputes
- Medical negligence
- Personal injury and Workers' compensation claims
- Intellectual property infringement claims
- Media, Internet and IT Law disputes
- Landlord and tenant disputes
Personal & Family
- Divorce and variation of court orders
- Wills and Lasting Power of Attorneys
- Grants of Probate and Letters of Administration
- Mental Capacity Act applications
- Drafting of familial agreements (e.g. pre-nuptials and deeds of family arrangements)
- Personal Protection Order
- Guardianship of Infants Act applications
- Intellectual Property protection (e.g. advice and opinions, filing of trademark applications)
- Advice and opinions regarding regulatory compliance
- Drafting of bespoke agreements (e.g. Shareholders' Agreements, Terms and Conditions, Service or Subscription Agreements and Data Protection Policies)