Lawyer for small and medium enterprises and individual client needs | Bachelor of Business Management / Juris Doctor
Jevan is an Associate Director at the boutique dispute resolution, tax, and corporate and commercial law practice of BC Lim & Lau LLC. His practice covers the following areas of law:
– Civil and commercial dispute resolution (including contractual, landlord tenant and employment claims).
– Corporate law, intellectual property law (in particular trademark law), data protection and advisory work for small businesses and start-ups.
– Family law and Wills and Probate.
– Personal injury and medical negligence matters.
Jevan also volunteers with the Legal Aid Bureau as an Assigned Solicitor.
Jevan is a strong advocate of mediation as a tool for dispute resolution. His knowledge of the law coupled with his background in business ensures clients will be working with a commercially astute lawyer who will take the time to understand their business before rendering any advice, drafting any document, or representing them in any matter.
Jevan believes in providing reliable and quality legal advice and representation for professional fees which will not break the bank. He believes that clients should be quoted transparent fees and is willing to provide options such as fixed or capped fees in addition to his conventional hourly rate.
Jevan trained at a mid-sized firm specialising in arbitration, commercial litigation, and medical negligence. He then joined another mid-sized firm where he gained experience in corporate law (such as advising on shareholders’ agreements for small businesses) and handling personal injury matters for defendant insurance companies, representing them at interlocutory applications and at trial, as well as negotiating settlements in divorce matters in his first year of practice. Jevan then practiced at a mid-sized specialist firm in healthcare law where he defended healthcare institutions in medical negligence matters and had the opportunity to work with a Senior Counsel. Jevan then joined a start-up legal practice where he proceeded to build his own practice for 3 years.
Jevan holds both a Juris Doctor and Bachelor of Business Management from Singapore Management University, graduating with distinction from both degrees. He was on the Dean’s List for the first year of law school and co-captained the winning team at Oxford University’s Price Moot in 2016. He also interned with the dispute resolution and corporate law teams of large local and international law firms.
- Debt recovery
- Commercial and employment disputes
- Medical negligence
- Personal injury and Workers' compensation claims
- Intellectual property infringement claims
- Media, Internet and IT Law disputes
- Landlord and tenant disputes
Personal & Family
- Divorce and variation of court orders
- Wills and Lasting Power of Attorneys
- Grants of Probate and Letters of Administration
- Mental Capacity Act applications
- Drafting of familial agreements (e.g. pre-nuptials and deeds of family arrangements)
- Personal Protection Order
- Guardianship of Infants Act applications
- Intellectual Property protection (e.g. advice and opinions, filing of trademark applications)
- Advice and opinions regarding regulatory compliance
- Drafting of bespoke agreements (e.g. Shareholders' Agreements, Terms and Conditions, Service or Subscription Agreements and Data Protection Policies)