Mr Lim Chong Boon is a senior litigation lawyer with 26 years of experience in the Singapore courts. He and his team of lawyers are consistently ranked as leading family lawyers in Singapore. Chong Boon’s areas of practice include family and divorce law, probate and commercial litigation. His team does both uncontested and contested divorces, with uncontested divorces starting from $1500.
- Chong Boon is ranked by his peers as a Leading Family and Divorce Lawyer 2016– Doyles Guide of Leading Singapore Family and Divorce Lawyers 2016.
- Nominated as one of the best Family Law firms in Singapore by prestigious legal publication Asian Legal Business at ALB Southeast Asia Law Awards 2016
- Chong Boon is a recommended leading lawyer in the areas of “Civil and Family Law” by ACQ Law Awards 2014.
- Chong Boon’s Family Law Department is listed as a “Recommended” divorce and family law firm in the Doyles Guide for Singapore Family & Divorce 2015.
- Chong Boon is recommended by Global Law Experts 2015 Edition, as someone who “is valued by clients in civil and family law matters for his knowledge and experience in the law” and for being “practical and street wise.”
- He is also highly recommended as a leading and reputable divorce and family lawyer by Global Law Experts as “a good listener”, able to“cut through the issues quickly”. He is known “to favour mediation over litigation in divorce matters, but will litigate aggressively in court.”
For his full profile, please go to http://www.sgdivorcelawyer.sg/
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Appointed by the Chief Justice to the Inquiry Panel of the Law Society of Singapore for a two year term (2013 to 2015)
- Re-appointed by the Chief Justice to the Inquiry Panel of the Law Society of Singapore for a further two year term (2015-2017)
- Elected as Council Member of the Law Soceity of Singapore (1993 to 1996)
- Past committee member of Civil Practice Committee, Law Society of Singapore
- Past Chairman of Sports Committee, Law Society of Singapore
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Appointed as Assigned lawyer with the Legal Aid Bureau, Ministry of Law
- Past Tutor, Practice Law Course of the Board of Legal Education – Family Law, Civil Procedure, Insolvency and Bankruptcy.
Mr Lim Chong Boon is a well known senior divorce lawyer with more than 25 years’ experience. He leads a team of divorce lawyers who have been consistently ranked as among the best in Singapore:
Chong Boon is ranked as a Leading Family and Divorce Lawyer 2016– Doyles Guide of Leading Singapore Family and Divorce Lawyers 2016.
Nominated as one of the best Family Law firms in Singapore by prestigious legal publication Asian Legal Business at ALB Southeast Asia Law Awards 2016
“Best Family Law Firm” by Acquisition International 2015 Legal Awards.
“Family Law Firm of the Year” by ACQ Law Awards 2014.
“Family Law Firm of the Year” by ACQ Global Awards 2015.
Global Law Experts 2015 Edition — Lim Chong Boon is a highly Recommended "Family and Civil” lawyer.
Doyles Guide For Singapore Family & Divorce Law 2015 — PKWA is a Recommended divorce law firm.
2016 Corporate Intl Magazine Global Award: Family Law Firm of the Year in Singapore 2016
Chong Boon is highly experienced in all aspects of civil litigation. Past commercial and civil cases include:
- A protracted and highly complex litigation in the Singapore High Court of one of the largest corporate bond defaults in emerging markets history. The claim was worth US$300 million and involved legal experts from the US and Indonesia, and decisions involving the Supreme Court of the state of New York and the Supreme Court of Indonesia.
- Advising the leading global operator of water services in employment matters and general corporate advice for its Asia Pacific office.
- Acting for a government statutory board to obtain urgent interlocutory injunctions againts occupiers for causing nuisance and breach of contract.
acts for a government statutory board in property disputes and to get possession of property from errant tenants.
- Acting for a Taiwanese national and his company to successfully defend a US$27 million multi cause of action claim for breach of contract, breach of agency and conspiracy to defraud. The matter reached the Court Appeal which upheld Chong Boon's arguments.
- Acting for one of the largest property companies in Singapore in an action against some of its former employees and agents for poaching its staff and for breach of contract.
- Defending former students in a defamation suit brought by a well known options trading trainer.
acting for a US listed MNC in litigation over the construction of a wafer fab plant in Singapore.
- Acted for one of the Big Three local banks in the recovery of credit card and mortgage actions.
acts for clients in the setting up F&B and lifestyle concepts.
- Acting for the Nominee in the successful seeking of bankruptcy protection under the Bankruptcy Act for two directors of a Singapore listed company. This allowed the directors to resolve and restructure their personal liabilities of about $51 million arising out of corporate guarantees they had executed in connection with the debts of the company.
Probate and Letters of Administration
Chong Boon has represented clients in Probate matters including obtaining Grant of Probate and Letters of Administration.
Services & Fees
First consultation is free. PKWA Law also offers complimentary in-house professional counselling services to its clients so as to resolve divorces amicably and to lower legal fees.
OUR DIVORCE FEES
At PKWA Law, our fixed fees for an Uncontested Divorce are normally from $1,500 to $2,900.
- No want wants a long messy divorce. We try to make the process FAST, CONVENIENT and AFFORDABLE.
- We will take about one month to obtain your divorce (Interim Judgment). The Interim Judgment grants you a provisional divorce and settles all issues regarding children, properties and maintenance.
- Our fixed fees are applicable only if you and your spouse have already agreed to a divorce and all issues regarding children, assets and maintenance before you come to see us.
What does our Fixed Fee for Uncontested Divorce cover?
Our Fees for an Uncontested Divorce will cover all the steps until you obtain your divorce. It includes all our legal fees, filing and court fees and involves the following work:
– drafting of your divorce papers.
– drafting your settlement terms (if any).
– setting down the divorce papers for hearing.
– extracting your Interim Judgment.
– extracting your Final Judgment.
Contested Divorce Fees
OUR PROBATE FEES
From $1500 onwards