Mr Lim Chong Boon is Head of Family Law & Litigation at PKWA Law, a well-known family and divorce law firm in Singapore. They have one of the largest Family Law practice in Singapore. His family law team provides family law services at fixed, clear and affordable fees. The services include divorce, Grant of Probate, Letters of Administration, Wills, adoption and mental capacity act cases.
About PKWA Law:
PKWA Law is a full-service law firm with expertise in family law, divorce, wills, probate, criminal law, debt recovery, conveyancing and all other legal services. It is an established law firm with over 100 employees and more than 30 years of history.
PKWA Family Law has one of the largest teams of specialist family lawyers in Singapore. They specialise in all areas of family law including divorce, wills and probate.
PKWA Law was recently listed as one of “Singapore’s Best Law Firms” in family law by the Straits Times. Their lawyers are also consistently named as leading Singapore family lawyers by publications such as Benchmark Litigation, Asian Legal Business, Singapore Business Review, and Doyle’s Guide.
PKWA Law offers fixed fees that are clear and transparent.
Please contact tel 6854-5336 for a free consultation.
They help their clients to get a fair divorce settlement and in the most cost-effective manner. If the divorce cannot be settled, they have the experience and track record to litigate. Recently, PKWA Law’s divorce lawyers helped a client win a complex Court of Appeal divorce case, with the ex-husband winning 75% of $13.6 million in matrimonial assets, up from 25%. The swing in percentage from 25% to 75% to the ex-husband is arguably one of the highest in divorce cases.
Lim Chong Boon’s CV
- Head, Matrimonial & Family Law
- Head, Dispute Resolution & Commercial Litigation
- Recognised as a Dispute Resolution Star by Benchmark Litigation Asia Pacific 2019, 2020 and 2021.
- Ranked as a Leading Family & Singapore Divorce Lawyer by Doyles Guide to Leading Family & Divorce Lawyers
Qualifications & Admissions
LL.B Hons (Singapore), 1988
Advocate & Solicitor (Singapore), 1989
Areas of Practice
- Family and Divorce Law
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law
- Deed of Separation
- Landlord and Tenant
- Building & Construction Law
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Wills, Probate and Administration of Estate
- Registration of Trademarks and Intellectual Property
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Appointed by the Chief Justice to the Inquiry Panel of the Law Society of Singapore for two-year terms, 2013 to 2015, 2015 to 2017, 2017 to 2019, 2019 to 2021.
- Elected as Council Member of the Law Society of Singapore, 1993 to 1996
- Former committee member of Civil Practice Committee, Law Society of Singapore
- Former Chairman of Sports Committee, Law Society of Singapore
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Appointed as Assigned lawyer with the Legal Aid Bureau, Ministry of Law
- Former Tutor, Practice Law Course of the Board of Legal Education – Family Law, Civil Procedure, Insolvency and Bankruptcy
- Fellow, Asian Institute of Alternative Dispute Resolution (AiADR)
Divorce Fees website: https://pkwalaw.com/practice-areas/divorce-lawyers/
Probate Fees website: https://pkwalaw.com/practice-areas/probate-letters-administration/
Wills website: https://pkwalaw.com/practice-areas/will-writing/
Main website: https://pkwalaw.com/
Family Law website: https://singaporefamilylawyers.com.sg/
Mr Lim Chong Boon is a well known senior divorce lawyer with more than 25 years’ experience. He leads a team of divorce lawyers who have been consistently ranked as among the best in Singapore:
Chong Boon is recognised as a Dispute Resolution Star in Family Law by the prestigious Benchmark Litigation Asia Pacific.
Chong Boon is ranked as a Leading Family and Divorce Lawyer in Doyles Guide of Leading Singapore Family and Divorce Lawyers.
Nominated as one of the best Family Law firms in Singapore by prestigious legal publication Asian Legal Business at ALB Southeast Asia Law Awards.
“Best Family Law Firm” by Acquisition International.
“Family Law Firm of the Year” by ACQ Law Awards.
“Family Law Firm of the Year” by ACQ Global Awards.
Global Law Experts 2015 Edition — Lim Chong Boon is a highly Recommended "Family and Civil” lawyer.
2016 Corporate Intl Magazine Global Award: Family Law Firm of the Year in Singapore 2016
Chong Boon is highly experienced in all aspects of civil litigation. Past commercial and civil cases include:
- A protracted and highly complex litigation in the Singapore High Court of one of the largest corporate bond defaults in emerging markets history. The claim was worth US$300 million and involved legal experts from the US and Indonesia, and decisions involving the Supreme Court of the state of New York and the Supreme Court of Indonesia.
- Advising the leading global operator of water services in employment matters and general corporate advice for its Asia Pacific office.
- Acting for a government statutory board to obtain urgent interlocutory injunctions againts occupiers for causing nuisance and breach of contract.
acts for a government statutory board in property disputes and to get possession of property from errant tenants.
- Acting for a Taiwanese national and his company to successfully defend a US$27 million multi cause of action claim for breach of contract, breach of agency and conspiracy to defraud. The matter reached the Court Appeal which upheld Chong Boon's arguments.
- Acting for one of the largest property companies in Singapore in an action against some of its former employees and agents for poaching its staff and for breach of contract.
- Defending former students in a defamation suit brought by a well known options trading trainer.
acting for a US listed MNC in litigation over the construction of a wafer fab plant in Singapore.
- Acted for one of the Big Three local banks in the recovery of credit card and mortgage actions.
acts for clients in the setting up F&B and lifestyle concepts.
- Acting for the Nominee in the successful seeking of bankruptcy protection under the Bankruptcy Act for two directors of a Singapore listed company. This allowed the directors to resolve and restructure their personal liabilities of about $51 million arising out of corporate guarantees they had executed in connection with the debts of the company.
Probate and Letters of Administration
Mr Lim Chong Boon is Head of Family Law at PKWA Law, one of the most established family law firms in Singapore. If your loved one has passed away, he will assist you to obtain a Grant of Probate or Grant of Letters of Administration so that the assets can be distributed to the rightful beneficiaries. The fees are fixed, clear and transparent and there are no hidden charges.
Media & Publications
- “Family Justice Courts launch cheaper and faster way for users to file applications” – The Straits Times, 2 October 2019
- “Courts studying ways to improve compliance with post-divorce child access” – The Straits Times, 17 March 2019
- “2 stripped of Lasting Power of Attorney to decide for loved ones” – The Straits Times, 30 October 2017
- Divorce lawyer fees: How much does it actually cost to get a divorce in Singapore?
- Interview with a Lawyer: Lim Chong Boon
Services & Fees
First consultation is free. PKWA Law also offers complimentary in-house professional counselling services to its clients so as to resolve divorces amicably and to lower legal fees.
OUR DIVORCE FEES At PKWA Law, our fixed fees for an Uncontested Divorce start from $1,200.
- No one wants a long messy divorce. We try to make the process FAST, CONVENIENT and AFFORDABLE.
- We will take about one month to obtain your divorce (Interim Judgment). The Interim Judgment grants you a provisional divorce and settles all issues regarding children, properties and maintenance.
- Our fixed fees are applicable only if you and your spouse have already agreed to a divorce and all issues regarding children, assets and maintenance before you come to see us.
What does our Fixed Fee for Uncontested Divorce cover? Our Fees for an Uncontested Divorce will cover all the steps until you obtain your divorce. It includes all our legal fees, filing and court fees and involves the following work: – drafting of your divorce papers. – drafting your settlement terms (if any). – setting down the divorce papers for hearing. – extracting your Interim Judgment. – extracting your Final Judgment. Contested Divorce Fees
OUR PROBATE FEES From $990 onwards