When starting out in litigation some years back, Hong Quan was involved with a wide array of litigation matters with the aim of gaining as much experience as possible. In the last few years, Hong Quan has specialized in:
- Complex commercial litigation focusing on disputes between companies;
- Complex commercial litigation focusing on disputes centered on director’s duties;
- Contested matrimonial disputes between high net-worth individuals;
- Insolvency, schemes of arrangement, judicial management
FIXED FEE QUOTATIONS FOR COMMERCIAL LITIGATION
Hong Quan aims to provide fixed fee quotations for commencing Suits in the Courts once he is apprised of the relevant facts of the dispute. He aims for his clients to not only know their rights in any case, he also caps their fees as far as practically possible so as to minimize their exposure to legal bills.
TIMELY & PRACTICAL ADVICE
Given his focus in these areas, Hong Quan is able to offer timely and pragmatic advice. Being naturally meticulous and good with numbers has enabled Hong Quan to assist clients in matters where many lawyers struggle. Hong Quan has argued cases as lead counsel in the State Courts, High Court and Family Justice Courts and also has extensive experience in mediation both in the Family Justice Courts as well as in the Singapore Mediation Centre.
COMMERCIAL LITIGATION AND EMPLOYMENT
- 2018 – Successfully obtained summary judgment in respect of a claim for a refund of monies paid to another company. Saved substantial legal costs for clients.
- 2018 – Advised a large MNC in successful termination of the services of two senior-management employees who agreed to compensate the company.
- 2020 – Currently, Hong Quan acts for a shipping company in proceedings against a local branch of a foreign bank involving a claim of approximately $24 million. Hong Quan is also acting for directors in several suits alleging breach of director’s duties.
COMPLEX MATRIMONIAL DISPUTES
- 2019 – Successfully obtained an injunction to restrain the other spouse as well as another family member from dissipating assets that were disputed as being matrimonial assets. This matter saw Hong Quan working together and learning from a Senior Counsel (instructed). The family member resisting this application was also represented by another Senior Counsel and this matter raises novel points of law.
- 2020 – Currently acting in an appeal in the High Court on ancillary matters.
CORPORATE WORK FOR SMES
As part of his service to his corporate clients, Hong Quan also regularly undertakes corporate work for SMEs, reviewing commercial agreements and loan documents, drafting personal guarantees and corporate tenancy agreements.
Services & Fees
- Debt Recovery
- Commercial Disputes
- Personal & Family
- Contract Review
- Shareholder Disputes
- Sale and Purchase of Business
- Building and Construction Claims
- Civil Litigation
- Drafting Contracts
- Pre-Nuptial Agreement
- Contractual Disputes
- Renovation Claims
- Personal Protection Order
- Winding Up of Companies
- Copyright Infringement
- Setting up a business
- Debt Recovery for Companies