Fazal is the youngest partner at I.R.B Law LLP. His litigation practice encompasses a broad spectrum of work involving civil, criminal, family and probate applications.
Recent reported case(s) handled by Fazal
TVT v TVU  SGFC 151 (a case involving committal application for breaches of an order of Court).
Fazal is an active CLAS (Criminal Law Aid Scheme) and legal aid lawyer. In 2017, he was awarded the NOVO award by the Legal Aid Bureau for his outstanding service as an assigned solicitor.
Fazal is currently a member of the Muslim Law Practice Committee and as member, has represented the Committee in giving talks to litigants-in-persons at the Syariah Court and the Singapore Council of Women’s Organization.
Fazal spends his free time furthering his studies (Master of Laws) at the University of London in the field of International Dispute Resolution.
Besides contentious matters, he also does non – contentious work such as the drafting of wills, power of attorney and applying for letters for the grant of probate / letters of administration / mental capacity.
Fazal has been involved in various trials (as well as entering into plea bargain with the Prosecution) for these matters:
- Penal Code offences concerning sexual, cheating, money laundering, theft and fraud, etc.;
- Offences involving the Misuse of Drugs Act and the Bankruptcy Act;
- Offences involving the Children and Young Persons Act.
Fazal’s experience in civil litigation includes representing clients at the District and Magistrate’s Court at trial and at appeal for these matters:
- Contractual disputes and breaches of director’s duties;
- Asset and debt recovery;
- Claims involving insurance (personal, motor and work injury), etc.
Fazal’s experience in family cases include representation at the High Court (Family Division) of Singapore, the Majlis Ugama of Islam Singapura (MUIS), Family Justice Courts and the Syariah Court of Singapore for these matters:
- Contentious divorces (both civil and Muslim) including various proceedings concerning foreign spouses and cross-border family disputes;
- Applications relating to maintenance, personal protection orders and interim applications for child access as well as other applications pursuant to the Guardianship of Infants Act;
- Contentious probate proceedings involving citation applications and defending applications with regard to the suitability of executors.
Services & Fees
Please contact Mohamed Fazal for a quotation.
- Building and Construction Claims
- Business Disputes
- Civil Claims
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Crime and Regulatory Compliance
- Commercial Disputes
- Contract Review
- Copyright Infringement
- Criminal Defence
- Criminal Law
- Cross-Border Matters
- Debt Recovery for Companies
- Deed Polls (Name Change)
- Drafting Contracts
- Drafting IOU / Debt Acknowledgment
- Employment Disputes
- Immigration and Relocation Advisory
- Incapacity and Inheritance
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes
- Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA)
- Legal Advisory
- Magistrate's Complaint
- MCST Disputes
- Medical Negligence
- Mental Capacity Act applications
- Muslim Wills and Inheritance
- Personal Injury
- Personal Protection Order
- Power of Attorney
- Renovation Claims
- Setting up a business
- Shareholder Disputes
- Syariah Divorce
- Winding Up of Companies