Nicolas Tang is the Founder and Managing Director of Farallon Law Corporation.
Nicolas has extensive practice experience at top international and local law firms. He set up Farallon Law Corporation to bring that same level of service to companies and individuals at affordable rates. For companies, he specialises in commercial litigation and drafting contracts. For individuals, he takes on litigation and dispute resolution, criminal matters and contract reviews.
He was admitted to the Singapore Bar in 2002, the Roll of Solicitors of England and Wales in 2006, the New York Bar in 2009, and a Hong Kong Solicitor in 2009.
Nicolas has extensive practice experience at top local and international law firms. He regularly advises clients on matters such as shareholder agreements, loan agreements, franchise agreements, and other business transactions.
Nicolas started his career handling disputes under Senior Counsel Davinder Singh, and went on to gain extensive practice experience at top local and international law firms.
Disputes between majority or minority shareholders.
In particular, minority oppression under Section 216 of the Companies Act, or derivative actions under Section 216A of the Companies Act.
Media & Publications
The Big Read: Accused persons get no sympathy but long proceedings are tough, more so on those not found guilty – ChannelNewsAsia, 19 April 2021
The Big Read in short: Innocent until proven guilty? Not necessarily so in society’s eyes – Today, 17 April 2021
- High Court cuts jail term for duo who extracted over $2m in bribes – The Straits Times, 3 December 2020
- Requesting MCs: What can HR legally insist upon? – HRD Asia, 5 November 2020
- ‘I doubt we will be paid’: Robinsons’ suppliers left in the lurch – Channel Newsasia, 3 November 2020
- Social media and defamation: What you need to know – HRD Asia, 16 October 2020
- Lawyers report surge in queries related to issue triggered by coronavirus pandemic – The Straits Times, 27 April 2020
- Lawyers’ responses to some FAQs amid outbreak – The Straits Times, 27 April 2020
Experts welcome laws to give faster relief to victims of falsehoods – Straits Times, 14 April 2019
律师：网上卖神秘盒 也犯法 买家获赔几率低 – Mediacorp Channel 8 News, 17 August 2018
- Tutor in O-level cheating case threw away phone over photos of illegal pangolin pet, claimed cops “threatened” her – Stomp, 16 August 2018
- Tutor gave statement to cop after threats: Lawyer – Straits Times, 15 August 2018
- O-level cheating trial: Lawyer says tutor ‘threatened, physically intimidated’ by police officers – Straits Times, 14 August 2018
- O-Level exam cheating case: Student claims he was afraid to tell tuition teachers he did not want to cheat – Today, 1 August 2018
- oBike must commit to prompt removal of bicycles, LTA says – The Straits Times, 4 July 2018
- Taking an oBike home is illegal – even if company has shut down, say lawyers – The Straits Times, 3 July 2018
- oBike users unlikely to get back deposits, as firm undergoes liquidation – The Straits Times, 27 June 2018
- 消费者协会: 25起共享脚踏车服务投诉 同退款有关 – Mediacorp Channel 8 News, 22 June 2018
- Did ezbuy practice ‘scalping’? What could happen next? – The Straits Times, 21 December 2017
- Woman loses $52K to Airbnb fraudsters – The Straits Times, 27 November 2017
- Ask a Lawyer: What’s the biggest employment mistake? – HRD Asia, 4 October 2017
- Actor Edmund Chen and marketing consultant settle defamation suits – The Straits Times, 21 July 2017
- Policeman jailed for using official portal to conduct illegal search on girlfriend – The Straits Times, 19 July 2017
- Participating in Facebook Live auctions 本地最近吹起直播拍卖风 公司已超过十家 – Mediacorp Channel 8 News, 15 July 2017
- Actor Edmund Chen and consultant sue each other over defamation claims – The Straits Times, 15 June 2017
- Crowdfunding and compliance with the Charities Act 网络筹款日益普遍应小心触犯慈善法 – Mediacorp Channel 8 News, May 16 2017
- $350k in unpaid wages sought from media firm – HRD Asia, 6 June 2016
- Well known Two Oceans production house closing – leaving freelancers’ fees ‘unpaid’ – The Straits Times, 4 June 2016
- 4 Turkish nationals jailed for cheating at RWS Casino – Channel Newsasia, 7 October 2015
Services & Fees
Nicolas charges fixed rates or by the hour, on a case by case basis. He is assisted by junior lawyers.
- Debt Recovery
- Commercial Disputes
- Criminal Defence
- MCST Disputes
- Contract Review
- Shareholder Disputes
- Commercial Crime and Regulatory Compliance
- Trademark Infringement
- Sale and Purchase of Business
- Intellectual Property Advice
- Drafting IOU / Debt Acknowledgment
- Building and Construction Claims
- Magistrate's Complaint
- Medical Negligence
- Civil Litigation
- Drafting Contracts
- Contractual Disputes
- Renovation Claims
- Winding Up of Companies
- Protection From Harassment Order
- Copyright Infringement
- Personal Injury
- Setting up a business
- Debt Recovery for Companies