Yew Teck is the founder and owner of TYT LAW PRACTICE.
He is a Barrister-at-Law of Gray’s Inn and was admitted as an Advocate & Solicitor (Singapore) in 1999. He successfully completed the International Entry Course conducted by the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators in 2019.
He is also a Commissioner for Oaths and a Notary Public.
In the course of his 20-year practice, he has represented individuals, companies, management corporation, banks, insurance company and legally-aided litigants.
The matters that he has acted on include:-
- Pre-Nuptial Agreement
- Building & Construction Claims, Progress Claims
- Building & Construction Security of Payment Act Adjudication Applications
- Liquidated Damages/Extension of Time Claims, Defects Claims
- Performance Bond Claims
- Restraining Payment Under Performance Bonds
- Occupier’s Liability Claims
- Personal Injury & Workplace Injury Claims
- Oppression of Minority Shareholders
- Scheme of Arrangements
- Companies Winding-up
- Defamation, Malicious Falsehoods
- Tort of Unlawful Interference of Business & Inducing Breach of Contract
- Fraudulent Misrepresentation of Investments
- Passing-off of Business Names & Goodwill
- Sale & Supply of Goods & Services
- Debt Recovery (Secured and Unsecured Loans, Revolving Loans, Hire-Purchase Loans)
- Mortgage Actions
- Voluntary Arrangements (Debt Restructuring)
- Enforcement Proceedings, Renewal of Writ of Execution
- Annulment of Marriages
- Divorce & Division of Matrimonial Assets
- Custody and Maintenance
- Probate & Letters of Administration
- Motor Vehicle Accident Claims
- Landlord & Tenant Disputes
- Disciplinary proceedings (UK).
Yew Teck is fluent in English, Mandarin and Hokkien.
Add featured service description
Building and Construction Claims
Yew Teck is an experienced litigation lawyer who has represented clients in building and construction claims, progress claims and claims under performance bonds.
Yew Teck had previously acted for United Overseas Bank Limited, Standard Chartered Bank, Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation, Malayan Banking Berhad and Diners Club and rendered advice on secured and unsecured banking facilities, overdrafts, revolving loans, hire-purchase loans, consumer loans and agreements.
Yew Teck had successfully acted for United Overseas Bank Limited in a trial involving credit card skimming and fraudulent use of point-of-sale terminal involving an errant merchant.
He has also successfully defended an overseas examination candidate who was charged for cheating and examination fraud by an overseas professional examination body and retained the candidate's eligibility to continue with her studies and to register for the next examination with the same professional body.
Services & Fees
Quotation Upon Request
- Debt Recovery
- Deed Polls (Name Change)
- Commercial Disputes
- Business Disputes
- Trademark Infringement
- MCST Disputes
- Notary Public
- Shareholder Disputes
- Drafting IOU / Debt Acknowledgment
- Building and Construction Claims
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Protection Order
- Contractual Disputes
- Winding Up of Companies
- Civil Claims
- Power of Attorney
- Debt Recovery for Companies
- Protection From Harassment Order