1. Jin Huang is the Managing Director of JinHuang Legal LLC. He obtained his LLB(Hons) from the National University of Singapore in 2008 and was called to the Singapore Bar in May 2009. He was part of several firms of varying sizes, and primarily practiced a mixture of civil / commercial litigation, family and estate law, although he was exposed to other practice areas such as shipping, insurance, personal injury, insolvency and criminal law.
2. Since 2015, Jin Huang has been self-employed, handling his own portfolio and clients. For several years he had been considering whether or not to set up his own firm. After 6+ years as a partner at his previous firm, a failed partnership, and the Covid-19 pandemic, he took this as a divine sign that the time was ripe to take the next step and set-up his own firm.
3. With his clients, Jin Huang values a strong lawyer-client relationship built on mutual trust and respect. He makes realistic assessments of your matter and advises on cost-effective solutions. As a default mode, he looks at the solution to your dispute / matter, with your future happiness in mind. His charges are fair and transparent. Ultimately, he is there to protect you and to advance your interests, so you can always count on a truthful view of your situation (as well as how best to resolve any issues) from Jin Huang.
4. Hailing from Penang, Malaysia, Jin Huang attended Penang Free School where he had the privilege of captaining both the Under-15 and Under-18 rugby teams during his time. He also ran 100m and 4x100m for his school’s athletics team. It is no surprise that he draws much inspiration and life lessons from sports. While in university Jin Huang continued to be active in student life and has fond memories of his time as Sports Secretary, as well as acting in his batch’s play “Kopishop Rock” (proceeds from ticket sales went to charity).
5. Even with a hectic schedule, Jin Huang remains an active member of society by conducting legal clinics once a month at Cheng San CC (since 2012). He was also an Adjunct Lecturer at Temasek Polytechnic from mid-2015 to December 2020. Come rain or shine, Jin Huang goes for daily walks with his dog. To keep healthy, he attends Yoga and Pilates classes, and goes swimming occasionally. During his free time, he loves watching rugby (specifically the Hurricanes and the All Blacks). When going about life, he likes to exchange experiences with the people he meets through a good ol’ conversation.
6. To communicate, Jin Huang speaks and writes in English and Malay. He is also able to speak Mandarin and Hokkien. Even with different language proficiency levels, he has found that communication is generally smooth as long as there are 2 willing parties.
Divorce, maintenance, custody, care & control and access, personal protection orders, variation of ancillary matters orders, appeals, cross-border family issues (e.g. relocation, child abduction, injunction(s), etc.) involving various countries (e.g. Shanghai China, Taiwan, USA, India, New Zealand, UK), private mediation, and other related personal experiences which will be shared where relevant to your matter.
Commissioner for Oaths
Virtual/video commissioning available (*subject to requirements)
Media & Publications
“Custody row: Teary-eyed twins leave for US” by K C Vijayan, Straits Times 16 March 2011
“Divorce Lawyers Share 5 Truths on Marriage”, Herworld 27 June 2019
Services & Fees
Contact me for quotation.
- Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA)
- Personal & Family
- Debt Recovery
- Commercial Disputes
- Probate and Letters of Administration
- Employment Disputes
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes
- Drafting IOU / Debt Acknowledgment
- Pre-Nuptial Agreement
- Civil Litigation
- Renovation Claims
- Contractual Disputes
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Mental Capacity Act applications
- Civil Claims
- Personal Protection Order
- Personal Injury
- Cross-Border Matters