Jin Huang is a Partner at I.R.B. Law LLP who is experienced in various areas of the law. He has a particularly strong interest in family/matrimonial disputes. He graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2008, and was called to the Singapore Bar in May 2009. Currently, he runs his own personalized practice specializing in matrimonial / family matters, civil / commercial litigation, as well as wills, probate & letters of administration, lasting power of attorney and applications under the Mental Capacity Act.
His broad practice makes him stand out as a versatile advisor who understands his clients’ individual needs. Over the span of his practice, he has been exposed to a wide range of cases such as landlord-tenant disputes, employment issues, divorce, maintenance, custody, personal protection orders, variation of ancillary matters orders, bankruptcy (creditor and debtor), personal injury / insurance claims, as well as admiralty matters. He also has experience handling cross-border family disputes such as relocation, child abduction and other cross-border issues.
Jin Huang has both local and international clients, and has represented individuals from all walks of life, as well as commercial entities from various sectors. This has provided him with great insights on the workings of different industries and their interactions with each other. This in turn has given him the ability to advise not only on the legal aspects of a matter but also the commercial and more nuanced undercurrents in particular disputes. Consequently, he prides himself on giving to-the-point advice, as well as practical and cost-effective solutions to his clients’ problems.
Patient and compassionate, Jin Huang’s practice is grounded in good client care, vigorous representation of his clients’ interests, and reasonable charges. He is a down-to-earth person with no airs about him and believes that central to any engagement is a strong lawyer-client relationship built on mutual trust and respect.
He is fluent in English, Malay, Hokkien and Mandarin. Jin Huang is also an Associate Mediator with the Singapore Mediation Centre, Assigned Solicitor under the Legal Aid Bureau, and conducts legal clinics at Cheng San Community Centre. He is also an Adjunct Lecturer at Temasek Polytechnic.
1. TDX v. TDY  SGFC 95
2. Securing joint care and control of a child for a father who had been denied access and excluded from his child’s life by his ex-spouse and her mother.
3. Successfully appealing and overturning an ancillary matters decision ordering client to pay about S$300,000.00 more than he should have had to pay, due to an overvaluation of his shares, in the court below.
4. Successfully applying for the return of twin boys from Singapore to the U.S. after being abducted by their mother (*Note: In 2010, just before International Child Abduction Act came into force).
5. Representing mother who moved back to home country (India) from Singapore with daughter when marriage broke down.
6. Representing mother in application to relocate back to her home country (Shanghai, China) with her son after marriage in Singapore broke down.
7. Successfully appealing an Ancillary Matters order, resulting in father getting at least 50% more access time with his son.
8. Successfully pleading for and securing probation for a teenage boy charged with Robbery with common intent.
9. Successfully defending against enforcement of, and rescinding a Maintenance order.
10. Obtaining an order for 100% liability against the other party in a contentious road traffic accident trial, after the other side refused to accept a reasonable offer.
11. Securing unpaid wages for crew stranded on ship arrested in Singapore waters (and subsequently abandoned by shipowners), and arranging for their repatriation to their home countries.
In his free time, Jin Huang stays sane by keeping fit through jogging and swimming, or football and badminton (when he can find enough people to play with). Back in the day, Jin Huang was an accomplished winger / centre and captain of his school’s rugby team, earning himself a call-up to the Penang State team, in addition to his many other laurels. As age caught up, he settled to following Super Rugby (particularly the Hurricanes from Wellington) and the All Blacks, on TV.
Asked of his biggest success in his career so far, Jin Huang quips with a smile, “Staying positive despite all the setbacks and unpleasantness that I have encountered in the line of duty”.
Jin Huang has both local and international clients, and has represented individuals from all walks of life, as well as commercial entities. He also has experiences handling cross-border family disputes. Patient and compassionate, Jin Huang’s practice is grounded in good client care and vigorous representation of his clients’ interests. He is a down-to-earth person with no airs about him.
Services & Fees
Contact me for quotation.
- Debt Recovery
- Deed Polls (Name Change)
- Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA)
- Commercial Disputes
- Probate and Letters of Administration
- Shareholder Disputes
- Employment Disputes
- Drafting IOU / Debt Acknowledgment
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes
- Civil Litigation
- Pre-Nuptial Agreement
- Contractual Disputes
- Renovation Claims
- Mental Capacity Act applications
- Personal Protection Order
- Personal Injury
- Power of Attorney