Wilbur commenced his legal career as State Counsel at the Civil Division of the Attorney-General’s Chambers, where he provided advice and representation to the Government on a wide spectrum of areas, covering both private and public law.
Wilbur left the AGC to join Covenant Chambers LLC in 2018. Since then, he has been building a dispute resolution practice that focuses on achieving the best outcomes for his clients in a cost-sensible manner. Wilbur serves both corporations and individuals alike, and has experience in a wide range of areas including family law, criminal law and civil litigation, with a special interest and focus on civil litigation.
Legal proceedings can be a stressful experience. Whether you are contemplating legal action or are being sued, Wilbur will patiently work with you and advise you on the options available to best advance (or protect) your interests.
Wilbur has a passion for teaching and plays his part in building up the next generation of lawyers in Singapore by teaching at the National University of Singapore as an instructor in the Legal Analysis, Research and Communications course.
Wilbur also actively engages in pro bono work and volunteers at the Charis Legal Clinic during his free time.
Wilbur graduated from the National University of Singapore’s double-degree programme with a First Class Honours in Economics and a Second Class (Upper) Honours in Law in 2014.
Areas where Wilbur has experience in include:
Civil and Commercial litigation
- Debt recovery proceedings for various individual and corporate clients
- Breach of contract claims
- Equitable and restitutionary claims
- Fraudulent trading / breach of fiduciary duties claims
- Motor accident and personal injury claims
- Appeals to High Court against decisions made by lower tribunals
- Obtaining (or resisting) injunctive relief such as search orders and freezing orders
- Registration and enforcement of foreign judgments in Singapore
Insolvency / Bankruptcy law
- Issuing / setting aside statutory demands
- Acting in bankruptcy or winding-up proceedings
- Advising on and facilitating debt-restructuring agreements
- Advising on and acting in unfair preference claims
- Assisting victims to obtain Protection Orders under the Protection from Harassment Act
- Advice and representation to accused persons facing criminal charges
- Divorce and matrimonial proceedings involving ancillary issues of custody, maintenance and division of assets
- Pre and post-nuptial agreements
- Wills and probate
Public Sector / Government-related
- Appeals under the Land Acquisition Act
- Appeals against and judicial review of administrative decisions
Accolades & Awards
- Dean’s List (Overall), Law Faculty, NUS
- Dean’s List of the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences, NUS (Placed thrice)
- Dean’s Scholar’s List of the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences, NUS
- Lai Kew Chai Prize in Equity and Trusts
I have experience in handling a wide range of contentious disputes ranging from shareholder to family disputes and have also worked on matters involving complex or novel questions of law. Whether you are contemplating legal action or are being sued, I seek to render sound advice and effective representation to advance and protect your interests. Please get in touch to explore a customised solution to meet your legal needs.
I advise on a variety of debt recovery issues ranging from simple debts to claims in unjust enrichment. Regardless of the nature of the debt owed, I will strive to provide quick and fuss-free legal assistance to recover the debt in a cost-effective manner. Please get in touch to understand the costs involved at each stage of the process.
Personal & Family
I recognise that conflicts within the family or community does not usually come with neat legal solutions, and believe that the best approach is a conciliatory one through the process of mediation where parties can be in control of the outcome. Whether you are facing a difficult marriage and are contemplating divorce or are being harassed by a neighbour, allow me to work with you to explore the options and solutions that will best address your worries and concerns.
Services & Fees
I strive to provide quality legal services at an affordable rate. Please get in touch with me to obtain a quotation that is customised according to your needs and budget.
- Debt Recovery
- Deed Polls (Name Change)
- Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA)
- Commercial Disputes
- Privacy / Data Compliance Review (PDPA)
- Criminal Defence
- MCST Disputes
- Contract Review
- Shareholder Disputes
- Business Disputes
- Employment Disputes
- Drafting IOU / Debt Acknowledgment
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes
- Medical Negligence
- Civil Litigation
- Drafting Contracts
- Contractual Disputes
- Mental Capacity Act applications
- Personal Protection Order
- Protection From Harassment Order
- Personal Injury
- Debt Recovery for Companies