A tenancy agreement states the scope of the contractual relationship between landlord and tenant by stipulating each parties’ rights and duties in respect of the tenancy.
Having a well-drafted tenancy agreement is essential in spelling out exactly what both parties’ obligations under the tenancy are to minimise the occurrence of disputes over the lease of the premises.
What is Included in the Template for Tenancy Agreement?
- Instructions on how you can use the template
- Payment of rent, utilities and stamp fees
- Use of flat for permitted purposes
- Immigration status of tenant and occupiers
- Maintenance of premises
- Tenant and landlord’s covenants
- Basis of suspension of rent
- Viewing by prospective tenants prior to the termination of agreement
- Basis of termination and anticipatory breach of agreement
The following excerpt is taken from our tenancy agreement template (which you can purchase at the link below):
The Landlord agrees to let and the Tenant agrees to take the Premises known as __________________________________________________________________________________ together with all the Furniture for a term of ________ year(s) commencing from the _________ day of _______________ 20____ and ending on the _________ day of _______________ 20____ for both dates inclusive (“the Term”).
Need a tenancy agreement template? You can get one here.
Buy Now at 10% OFF
(Use the discount code shown when you enter your email address below)
For a guide to tenancy agreements in Singapore, click here.
If you need help customising your tenancy agreement, feel free to get in touch with one of our corporate lawyers.