Cosmas Gomez is the Founder and Managing Director of Cosmas LLC. Cosmas deals exclusively with personal injury matters and has more than 22 years of experience in claims such as road accidents, medical negligence and industrial accidents. At Cosmas LLC, we have handled over 4000 injury claims and we aim to provide excellent and cost-effective legal advice and representation for all personal injury matters. Outside of work, he is one of the founding members of the Catholic Lawyers Guild and is presently the secretary of the Catholic Lawyer’s Guild. An avid soccer player, Cosmas also plays for the Law Society’s soccer team.
Cosmas LLC specialises exclusively in personal injury matter and deals with different nature of injuries such as:
- Road accidents (including car, big vehicle, motorcycle, bicycle, pedestrian)
- Industrial accidents
- Medical negligence
- Recreational accidents (injury in a swimming pool, boating accident, amusement park accident)
Media & Publications
MR COSMAS’S ACHIEVEMENTS
· Represented a Thai student whose legs were amputated after a SMRT train ran over them at a 15-day trial.
· Negotiated a settlement of $3.4 million in damages for a client who was injured as a backseat passenger in a road traffic accident. She suffered spinal cord injury and was paralysed from the waist downwards.
· Negotiated a settlement of $1.6 million in damages for a cyclist who was involved in a road traffic accident after a 2-day trial where liability was disputed.
· Successfully negotiated a settlement of $1.5 million in damages through mediation for the parents of a Hong Kong tourist. The tourist had been hit by a marquee structure and was taken off life support after suffering from severe brain damage and other injuries.
· Successfully settled many other cases through mediation with the Singapore Mediation Centre (SMC) and Singapore International Mediation Centre (SIMC) without trial. This includes numerous high-value matters where clients preferred peaceful resolution of disputes with confidentiality and privacy.