What truly sets Jocinda apart from many divorce lawyers is her passion to help families in their legal problems. Aside from her strong litigation skills, Jocinda is keen to practise her problem-solving and conflict management skills. Hence, she enrolled herself in a Mediation and Conflict Management course taught by the famous Australian Lawyer Anne-Marie Rice in July 2022. Conflict Management is all about shifting your mindset. When you talk to Jocinda, she will be able to offer you fresh perspectives about your case. She is passionate to help you resolve your matter, regardless of your circumstances.
Even if the matter is not resolved and has to move forward for adjudication, Jocinda is also well equipped with necessary litigation skills. Her representations are set out as follows:-
- Successfully persuaded the Family Justice Courts to order that the wife be granted 75% in terms of indirect contributions : VSZ v VTA  SGFC 74
- Successfully represented a grieving father and persuaded the Family Justice Court to order access term which span from Thursdays to Saturdays including overnight access. The mother subsequently withdrew her appeal against the lower court’s decision. VBX v VBY SGFC 114
- Successfully persuaded the Family Justice Courts in granting favourable care and control orders in favour of clients.
- Successfully applied to the Family Justice Courts to vary periodic maintenance to lump sum maintenance after the ex-husband defaulted on his maintenance obligations. The decision was affirmed by the High Court : VBT v VBU  SGFC 111
- Successfully argued on behalf of a Muslim woman that there was no pronouncement of talak being made by her husband in 1985 which resulted in the entire dismissal of the divorce by the Syariah Court and thereby protecting the client’s interest in claiming her nafkah mutaah. The husband’s appeal was wholly dismissed by the Appeal Board. The research spanned from articles and Islamic verses in Malay for which she has applied in her submissions. See CM v CN (2019) 7 SSAR 190
- Successfully argued on behalf of many ex-wives against their ex-husband’s variation application to reduce the spousal and children’s maintenance.
- Successfully applied for leave for committal proceedings against many spouses who flouted access orders.
- Successfully applied for Personal Protection Orders on behalf of clients against their violent family member(s) and frequently engaged in such PPO trials.
- Successfully applied for Stay of Execution Pending Appeal on behalf of a client who appealed against the lower court’s decision.
Media & Publications
Add any media coverage here