Chun Yee joined Kalidass Law Corporation in 2018 as an Associate Director. He is well-versed in criminal litigation, having been a Deputy Public Prosecutor in the Criminal Justice Division of the Attorney General’s Chambers for 5 years. He had then joined private practice in a reputable mid-sized local firm, gaining valuable experience in civil litigation and arbitration.
A fierce advocate, Chun Yee’s experience as a criminal litigator includes numerous trials in both the High Court and State Courts, including capital cases for murder and drug offences. He has also honed his oral and written advocacy skills at the appellate level with various Magistrate’s Appeals.
Chun Yee is also a firm believer that justice should be accessible to all accused persons, regardless of their background. As such, he is an active CLAS (Criminal Legal Aid Scheme) volunteer, a scheme which provides criminal legal assistance to the poor and needy, and is assigned counsel for the Legal Assistance Scheme for Capital Offences.
Numerous judgments have been rendered on Chun Yee’s cases. Some of the reported judgments include:
- Tongbao (Singapore) Shipping Pte Ltd and another v Woon Swee Huat and others  SGHC 165
- PP v Lim See Yong  SGDC 135
- PP v Neo Keng Hua  SGMC 13
- PP v Chan Lie Sian  SGHC 205
- PP v Minjoot Sabestian Bernett  SGDC 43
- PP v Ang Zhu Ci Joshua  SGMC 2
- PP v Toh Eng Puey  SGDC 99
- PP v Fajri Bin Buang  SGDC 148
- PP v Balahrisknan s/o Kuppusamy  SGDC 76
- PP v Sivarajan s/o Darmarajan  SGDC 323
- PP v Ho Lian Wah  SGDC 143
- PP v Selvakumaran s/o Singaram  SGDC 78
- PP v Omar Bin Osman  SGDC 67
- PP v Adith s/o Sarvotham  3 SLR 649
- PP v Brendan Jeremiah Aw  SGDC 384
- PP v Mohamed Fadzil Bin Hashim  SGDC 68
- PP v Mohd Hamdan Bin Ahmad  SGDC 139
- PP v Joel Jonathan Selvanathan  SGDC 257
Having been on both sides, Chun Yee understands the workings of the criminal justice system intimately. In particular, he utilises his knowledge of the prosecutorial decision-making processes to walk his clients through the entire journey and aid them in achieving the best possible outcome for each case.
Media & Publications
Woman involved in Hari Raya revenge attack that left two with burns pleads guilty – Channel NewsAsia, January 2019
Woman fined for throwing hot noodles at beer promoter over alleged insult – Yahoo, January 2019
Man who threw military explosive in forest to get back at supervisor jailed, fined – Yahoo, December 2018
Jail for stall assistant who rode e-scooter in a rash manner and knocked into woman – Straits Times, August 2018