Cherie was called to the Bar in 2015. Her primary focus is on matrimonial matters where her empathy, sensitivity and patience has won her many cases involving divorce, maintenance and custody. Her practice areas also include the following: –
- Grant of Letters of Administration and Grant of Probate
- Will Writing & Lasting Power of Attorney
- Mental Capacity Act
- Employment and Landlord Disputes
- Debt Recovery
Cherie comes to law with a strong inclination towards traditional notion of justice and a profound respect for its establishment. With a strong work ethic, Cherie’s interest in law stems from her belief that everyone deserves a fair trial despite their socioeconomic background, demographic origins or purported culpability. With this disposition, she is committed to representing her clients to the best of her ability with a focus on the human element of a technical profession. Cherie is passionate about her work and her dedication towards her clients defines who she is.
Beyond the workplace, Cherie enjoys partaking in community initiatives and animal welfare causes. She appreciates travelling to new places and learning about new cultures. From traveling across Australasia and Europe, Cherie aspires to backpack across the world.
Besides being dual qualified to practice law in both Singapore and Western Australia, Cherie volunteers her time with Association of Women for Action and Research (AWARE) and Legal Aid Bureau.
- Represented a husband/father in rancorous divorce proceedings which took 2 years and involved over 3,000 pages of court documents and financial reports by third party accountants. Divorce was granted on husband’s counterclaim and he was further granted care and control of his two children and 80% of the matrimonial assets amounting to approximately S$10 million.
- Represented a husband/father in an acrimonious access battle for his two children based in Indonesia and successfully obtained daily telecommunication access and overseas access after the father was alienated from them for more than 4 years.
- Represented a wife/mother and successfully obtain sole care and control of the children and the transfer of the matrimonial flat to her sole name without any CPF refunds or cash consideration to the husband/father.
- Second chair to managing partner in a High Court appeal where we successfully obtained an increase of 10% in the overall division of matrimonial assets for our client (mother) as well as an increase in maintenance for her son and herself.
- Second chair to managing partner in a complex cross-jurisdictional suit relating to an alleged fraud committed by staff of a renowned Casino. Client was a Myanmar tycoon and the suit involved HK $20 million and events that transpired in Philippines waters.
- Second chair to a senior partner representing Singapore’s leading company in the business of water leakage detection services and rectification. The civil suit was against an ex-employee and the claims involved breach of confidential information, breach of fiduciary duty and breach of restraint of trade.
Please get in touch so I can understand your specific situation and advise you on the sensible next steps. I try to always advocate the route of a simple, uncontested divorce as this increases the level of control on your divorce, and reduces the cost and stress involved.
Probate and Letters of Administration
If your loved one has passed away, I am able to assist you with obtaining a Grant of Probate or Grant of Letters of Administration so their assets can be distributed promptly. We are able to explain the process of applying for these Grants, and there will be no hidden charges.
Mental Capacity Act applications
When your loved one is incapable of making sound decision regarding their own personal welfare or financials, I am able to assist you with obtaining an Mental Capacity order so that you can make decisions on their behalf which you know are in their best interests. Please get in touch with me to understand the procedure.
Services & Fees
1st consultation is free – please whatsapp or call for an appointment.
Detailed, professional, efficient, & responsible, couldn’t be happier with lawyer Cherie’s work.
Very nice and friendly lawyer help me settle my stuff very professionally. Explain to me everything in details.
I am glad my family engaged in the service of Ms. Cherie Tan. Cherie listened and provided good service throughout to ensure my mom knew exactly what she was signing on the final Will.
Your firm has provided prompt service, which others lack in this aspect. This helped me juggle my parents’ wishes and manage my dad’s medical issues.
Miss Cherie is very professional..responsive..efficient.
She replies to my query even after her working hours..or even weekends..Deeply appreciated.
Would definitely recommend her, if legal advice is required
Thank you Miss Cherie..