Running a Business in Singapore
Our guide to running a company in Singapore for both locals and foreigners. Includes information on holding annual general meetings, filing annual returns, and directors’ duties.
Appointment and Removal of Company Officers and Other Key Personnel
- Appointing Company Directors in Singapore: Eligibility, Process etc.
- Managing Director vs CEO in Singapore: Roles and Obligations
- Guide to Directors' Remuneration in Singapore
- Directors' Duties in Singapore
- Shadow Directors: Who are They and What Duties Do They Owe to the Company?
- How to Remove a Director from a Company in Singapore
- Removal and Resignation of Company Auditor in Singapore
- Appointing a Company Secretary: Roles and Responsibilities
- Appointing an Authorised Representative for Foreign Companies in Singapore
- Process Agents in Singapore
- Holding Meetings
- Guide to Paid-Up Capital in Singapore (Is $1 Enough?)
- Preparing a Register of Shareholders for a Singapore Company
- How to Issue Shares in a Singapore Private Company
- Guide to Transferring Shares in a Singapore Private Company
- Your Guide to Share Certificates in Singapore: Usage and How to Prepare
- Shareholder Rights in Singapore Private Companies
- Shareholder Roles and Obligations in Singapore Companies
- Dividend Payments Guide for Singapore Business Owners
- Share Transmission: What Happens If a Shareholder Dies in Singapore?
- How to Reduce the Share Capital of Your Singapore Company
- Buy-Sell Agreements: How to Write & Fund Them in Singapore
- Oppression of Minority Shareholders
- Essential Regulatory Compliance Guide for Singapore Companies
- Dormant Companies and Their Filing Obligations in Singapore
- Anti-Money Laundering Regulations and Your Business: What You Need to Know
- Price-Fixing, Bid-Rigging and Other Anti-Competitive Practices to Avoid
- Legally Conducting Lucky Draws for Singapore Businesses
- Restaurant Inspection and Food Safety Rules in Singapore
- How to Change the Name of Your Singapore Company
- Can Directors be Liable for Company Debts in Singapore?
- Company Loans to Directors/Shareholders in Singapore
- 3 Types of Insurance Every Singapore Business Needs
- Creating and Registering Charges in Singapore: Guide for Companies
- Guide to Effective Business Continuity Planning in Singapore
- Business Asset Sale & Disposal in Singapore: How Do They Work?
- Business Partnership Disputes in Singapore: How to Resolve
- How to Commence a Derivative Action on Behalf of a Company in Singapore
- Business Will: How to Pass on Your Business to Your Successors in Singapore
- Record-Keeping Requirements for Singapore Companies
- Company Constitutions in Singapore and How to Draft One
- Company Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Company Resolutions: What are They?
- Board Resolutions in Singapore
- Minutes of Company Meeting in Singapore: How to Record
- How to Set Up a Register of Controllers
- How to Set Up a Register of Nominee Directors
- Guide to Filing Financial Statements for Singapore Business Owners
- Filing Annual Returns For Your Business
Tax, Accounting and Audit Matters
- Singapore Corporate Tax: How to Pay, Tax Rate, Exemptions
- Start-Up Tax Exemption Guide for New Singapore Companies
- GST Registration: Requirements and Procedure in Singapore
- What is Withholding Tax and When to Pay It in Singapore
- Singapore Influencers: Here's How to Calculate Your Income Tax
- Tax Investigation of Tax-Evading Business Owners in Singapore
- Small Business Accounting Services in Singapore
- Company Audits in Singapore: Requirements and Exemptions
- Suspect a PDPA Data Breach? Here's What to Do Next
- Summary: Your Organisation's 9 Main PDPA Obligations
- Essential PDPA Compliance Guide for Singapore Businesses
- PDPA Consent Requirements: How Can Your Business Comply?
- Is It Legal for Businesses to Ask for Your NRIC in Singapore?
- Here's a 7-Step Plan for Companies to Prevent Unauthorised Disclosure When Processing and Sending Personal Data
- Cloud Storage of Personal Data: Your Business’ Data Protection Obligations
- GDPR Compliance in Singapore: Is it Required and How to Comply
- Appointing a Data Protection Officer For Your Business: All You Need to Know
- How Can Companies Dispose of Documents Containing Personal Data?
- Check the Do-Not-Call Registry Before Marketing to Singapore Phone Numbers
- How to Legally Install CCTVs for Home/Business Use in Singapore
- Is Web Scraping or Crawling Legal in Singapore?
- Legal Options If Employees Breach Confidentiality in Singapore
- Dealing with Defamation of Your Business: Can You Sue?
- Sending Email Newsletters That Comply With Singapore Law
- A legal guide to drafting a social media policy for your company
- Your Guide to a Media Release Form in Singapore
- Your Guide to an Influencer Marketing Agreement in Singapore
- Outdoor Advertising: How to Legally Display Public Ads in Singapore
- Debt Restructuring
Ending a Business
- Voluntary Suspension of Business in Singapore: How to Handle
- Winding Up a Singapore Company: Grounds and Procedure
- Closing Your Singapore Business: What You Need to Settle
- Striking Off a Company
- Can a Company that Struck Itself Off the Register Later Apply to Restore Itself?
- Dissolution of partnerships in Singapore
- What Should a Creditor Do When a Company Becomes Insolvent?
- How to File a Proof of Debt Against a Company in Liquidation
- Insolvency: Claw-Back of Assets From Unfair Preference and Undervalued Transactions
- Validation of Payments Made by Companies Being Wound Up